Sunday, November 14, 2010

New slang

I like to think of myself as a trend setter. Basically people do whatever I say is cool.
Among my many pop culture creations, there are 2 slang phrases which I’m ready to share.
Them both are the product of  technology's  influence on our lives.

“Buffering”
Wikipedia defines buffering as “a region of memory used to temporarily hold data while it is being moved from one place to another.

Joe’s definition: When a certain someone finds himself in need for additional time and thought to reply on a question, he may announce “buffering”.


Example: 
   Sienna Miller – “when would you like me to tell my parents we are coming?"
   Me – “mmmmmmm………………. Buffering……………..”
   Sienna Miller – “ok just tell me whenever”
See, works like a charm.


“Send me the link”
We are not a society of story tellers anymore. We are links senders. If my friend saw something cool he won’t tell me about it, he would just e-mail me the link.

Joe’s definition: When a certain someone finds himself impatient to the story about to be told by the subject, he may ask the subject “send me the link”.

Example: 
   Sienna Miller –“you won’t believe what Carol from the market told me today”
   Me – “yeah that’s great, send me the link”    
   Sienna Miller – “ok. Wanna take a shower?”
See? Just makes your life easier.



These phrases should be used wisely. When said in an ill-mannered fashion they may lead to a conflict.
If any of the readers have any more originals they want to share, The Regular Joe will add it to the dictionary.
Have a great week

Related Posts
New Slang II
New Slang III
Web 2.0 terminology



Sign up to Joe's Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page or follow on Twitter

BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory