Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Talking about a revolution – Middle Eastern style

The Regular Joe is not big on politics. It is way too time consuming trying to figure out the geo-political reasons people want to hurt each other. I am more interested in what my next door neighbor is doing and why I wasn’t invited.
The Middle East has never been a very peaceful place. With so much history, religious influences, oil and sand, it might take some time before it will be.  
Even for scholars and experts, the recent events in the Arab countries came as a complete surprise. I guess that’s what they mean when they say “never say never”.  Our generation has been witnessing many changes in the international arena the past few years, but the spark now running through the Arab world is truly a remarkable thing (disclosure: my favorite movie is ‘Lawrence of Arabia’). No one knows how it will end but already it earned its place in the 21st century version of “we didn’t start the fire”.  
That was the Regular Joe’s news flash for the time being. Like everyone, I don’t really know what is happening or how it will turn up. I’m just repeating what the people with the suits said on TV.
Instead of telling you stuff you already heard, I want to share this video I came across. I couldn’t find out too much about the group.  I know they are 11 guys called ‘Shmemel’; they are Israelis (which is cool they are the ones doing it) and very talented.
I can’t explain, but when I saw it, it felt like the right thing at the right time. Enjoy.



Sign up to Joe's Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page or follow on Twitter

BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory