Friday, February 4, 2011

A super ‘El Niño’ ?

Can someone tell me what is going on?
It seems the amount of really strange events across the world has come to a critical point during the past few months.
First, and correct me if I’m wrong, the weather has gone insane. Europe and the US suffers extreme storms, earthquakes and volcano eruptions happened frequently, crazy floods across Australia, droughts and lack of rain in other parts, the Panama Canal was closed due to floods for the first time ever and global warming is more evident then ever.


In the meantime in earthly matters it hasn’t been quiet as well. North and South Korea are on the verge of a meltdown, the strongest economy in the world finds it is not “too big to fall” and is being overcome by the east. In China people are starting to buy like crazy and moving into the big cities while seeing in their rear view mirror the 1.3 billion people line.   In Africa things are still going to hell with extreme hunger and illness, the Middle East won’t rest with the Israeli-Palestinian feud and  Muslim countries around, like Turkey and Iran, steer the wheel. Lebanon’s government has stepped down and Syria is blamed, Tunisia, Egypt, Ethiopia and Jordan are uprising. Unexplained mass deaths of animals occur with no apparent reason around the globe, the Euro is falling apart rapidly and countries going bankrupt.

Meanwhile our technological progress seems to have no limits and each month everything is changing in a rate we just can’t keep up. The laws of physics we believed were as true as the earth and sky are being questioned every other day while religion wars are still a big part of our reality.  


For the Regular Joe these are very troubling times. Either I’m not satisfied with my job or I can’t find one. My home life and the routine are sucking my soul and it seems everybody on the street has got it together. And on top of that, wherever I live or whatever race and religion I belong to, I can’t seem to be at ease when I think of what tomorrow might bring.  And the worst of it all, I can’t change nothing because I don’t understand why and where it all comes from.

So what is going on? There must be a line connecting all the dots, like a super ‘El Niño’ happening to us. Or Nissim Taleb is right and our lives consist of many ‘Black Swans' that we can’t control but only do our best to prepare for their coming? Or maybe I just watched too much ‘Lost’.


So until someone makes a TV series, a Hollywood movie or a song making sense of it all I’ll just wish you a quiet day until the next big wave.

Sign up to Joe's Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page or follow on Twitter


BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory