Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beware of Pessimism or F#@king December

So it's December again. Last year I published a top 10 list of things that will not change in 2011 and boy was I right. Nothing changed 10,000 news cycles later. I’m rarely happy about being right. I would much rather watching everything I predicted being disproved one by one.

December is always another proof we are nothing but animals following our primal instincts but instead of migrating to the warmer south looking for food and breading grounds our thoughts go inside looking for comfort and a brighter future (and let’s face it, breading grounds always). For the Regular Joe it's never an easy time but this year in particular. And not because of the stupid TV commercials.

In a sentence, I'm 30 and still waiting for my great thing to happen. That pretty much sums it up. Every year it’s the same repeating sentence. But 2011 brought something new; I'm starting to realize it may never happen

It could be. Many very talented people wait their whole life for this something to come with no relief.  And I am talented. I'm a grade A awesome at almost anything I do. It's just a bunch of wrong turns that brought me to this place I'm having trouble sleeping every night. Yeah… f#@king December.


Q1 Crisis


A while back I wrote about how our life is the most important project we will ever do. According to my life Q1 (0-30 years) report I am not achieving any of the goals I previously projected.

I’m not big on New Year’s resolutions. I try to make a new resolution every morning as I think every day is important and anything can happen.

If you look at the report you’ll notice I was doing great until somewhere around 2005 when I somehow spiralled out of orbit. Since then I’ve been shooting through space looking for something with enough gravity to pull me back into orbit.



Don’t get me wrong, I regret nothing and I learned from everything I did. I have accumulated more wisdom, knowledge and experience than anyone orbiting the same thing all his life.
But this haunting underachieving feeling is the worst.

All I can say is you are not the only one looking for an orbit and it’s time to create your own gravity force because space is big but not big enough for everyone.

Have a great 2012 and yeah… December…

For a more optimistic point of view subscribe to my Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page, follow me on Twitter and on Tumblr.

BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory