Monday, July 25, 2011

Marketing 101 or sweet Monday

Where I work (a marketing department I might add) we have a small tradition called “sweet Monday”. Every Monday someone has to bring a cake, preferably homemade, so we can start the week in a cheerful way.  Off course it never works and all it gives us is a temporary sugar rush to make it through those rough hours between 09:00 and 11:00.

The regular Joe is pretty handy in the kitchen but I never got around to baking so whenever it’s my turn I get a chocolate cake from this great place and it’s always seems like it’s homemade.

Off course once you place the cake in the cafeteria accompanied by a knife and some napkins, the race is on. The shame of a cake not finished by the end of the day is unbarring if you consider the fact that apart of myself it’s an all girls floor and always at least 2 of them are pregnant so there is no excuse for leftovers.

I placed the cake at about 09:00 and all went well up until 12:00 when everybody left for lunch. I expected the after lunch sugar craving would do the trick but for some reason the cake eating came to a halt.

I knew I had to do something but I didn’t know what. It was 14:00 and nobody touched the cake for 3 hours now.  I channeled all my efforts to come up with a way to bring people back to my cake. Than it hits me! I need to make WOMEN eat the cake!


The regular Joe is not a women expert but he knows one thing; women can’t see an un-even slice and not “straighten” it. It’s embedded in the female DNA.

So, I just started removing small pieces of cake un-evenly and behold, a few minutes later it was even again. You can only imagine it wasn’t long before the last piece was “straighten”.

The moral of the story? I think it’s pretty obvious. I’m a genius. Oh yeah, and there is always a way to get what you want or something like that.

So have a sweet Monday all and remember, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.


Sign up to Joe's Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page or follow on Twitter

BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory